This is a low fat must have recipe!
Banana Applesauce Bread
4 eggs whites, beaten until fluffy
1 Cup mashed bananas
1/2 cup skim milk
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/3 Cup unsweetened or no sugar applesauce
1 tsp Vanilla
1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
1 Tbsp baking powder
3 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 tsp baking soda
2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 Cup rolled oats
1 tsp of mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat pan with Pam spray and dust with flour.
2. Combine dry ingredients in a separate bowl.
3. In large mixing bowl combine wet ingredients first and mix on low speed.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients in the mixing bowl until blended. Add chocolate chips last and mix on low speed.
5. Pour into loaf pan or 9x13 pan and bake for 40-45 mins
6. Let cool completely before cutting.
-You can put frozen bananas in microwave for 30 secs and then peel and use in banana bread.
-Putting banana bread in the fridge will make a cool yummy treat.
-This bread is also a great breakfast on the run! Enjoy!!
American Buttercream by Bridget
16 hours ago